Friday, August 05, 2005

To busy not to pray!

I'm busy. Really busy....

At work I'm in the critical phases of my current project, so I've got less than an hour to get a build out of the door tonight - and our source-code server is being slow. Admittedly, it's only an interim version so that other guys in the company can see what I'm up to and test it out with their sections of code and current projects, but still it's very much a deadline... of sorts.

Of course, work is also actually where I'm coming to relax a bit at the moment. My work outside of the office is far in excess of what I've got lined up inside. Biggest priority this week is getting a version of "Songbase" finished.

"Songbase" for those of you who havn't heard of it before is the lyrics projection software used by our church originally written by the veritable genius that is Mr. Wes Hinsley but then bludgeoned into the 21st century by me (through adding dual-screen support and generally tightening the whole thing up). Thing is, my re-invented version just isn't ready yet - and with my time ticking away, it's become a major priority to get it finished, and out the door to the few people who I've got interested in using it in their churches!

We also can't actually release it whilst calling it Songbase anyway, as that's apparently the name used by Vineyard USA for their package. So if anyone out there has a good suggestion for a name, please submit it here (in return for unending gratitude and a mention in the README)!!


After Songbase, I've also got Wes's album to mix which will take a while to get right, and I don't expect to get any where near finishing it before I'm off on 'Summer Camp' with the kids. On return from that I've got the camp video to make, and then a friends wedding to video the week after (and then I have to edit it afterwards...)

So hopefully sometime in september I'll have five minutes for you all.

However, in the midst of all this symetrical candle-burning - for some reason - I'm feeling pretty solid, renewed, refreshed at present. Why? "submit your way to the Lord and He will make your paths straight"

richie

4 Comments:

At 9:44 pm, Blogger Daniel Hames said...

Songvault?

 
At 11:51 am, Blogger Wes said...

I think you need to clone yourself Richie. Then can I have your clone when you're done with it? Keep it in our loft and pull it out when we need cheering up!

W.

 
At 2:43 pm, Blogger RichB said...

Not sure what Faye would think of that! BadgerVault does sound like a reasonable name though..

 
At 6:31 am, Blogger Josh said...

A lot of that post went right over my head...but it all sounds very exciting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home