Saturday, July 09, 2005

The other side of the world

The events of the past couple of days back home, first London getting the Olympics and then the terrible bombings of yesterday, have been rather surreal for those of us out of the country, seperated by several thousand miles from those closest to us. Those whom, even though they're fine, we always get the feeling that we'd prefer to be near to whenever we remember how fragile our earthly lives are... hmmm...

It also means that here in Nashville, yesterday's events are almost all anyone else wants to talk to you about when you mention that you're from London, England!

Nonetheless, we're here and having a great time at the conference, lots of good stuff today about Worship. I've been following the 'tech' track today and picked up a few things, seen some very expensive kit and mostly realised that we really don't do so bad in London with our existing systems, given that they're a meagre fraction of the value of what's installed over here! Or is it just a case of having to raise spending by 50% to increase sound quality by 10%?!

I will probably switch to the 'leaders' track for tommorrow though, as - at the moment - it's probably got a lot more useful 'meat' that I couldn't ever get back in the UK!!

OK, so I'll try to write again tommorrow. This has just been a quick message, so that anyone who's been faithfully checking over the past couple of days, doesn't feel that I've completely forgotten again! (actually, I did post yesterday but the server appeared to have eaten it, or objected to some words, or something....)



I leave you with a picture from where Jon, Dan and myself popped over to the local 'Waffle House' after the evening meeting - thanks for the photo JON!
(BTW: the Americans ordered the Hotel Shuttle, but we brits decided to just stick out our 'stiff upper lips' and walk the 200 metres, yay for us!! ;-D).

Night y'all
richie

1 Comments:

At 6:13 am, Blogger Josh said...

Rich lol, when I saw that on the d:forums I thought "waffle house!" but assumed I had been wrong because I thought that was photo of you while in your own country.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home