Saturday, July 02, 2005

Land of the free!

Just got off the ferry from the statue of liberty, got in the queue at about 11am this morning. I don't know, even if the british invented queuing, the americans have now got it into a perfected form.

Anyway, liberty was cool we didn't get inside but had a good wander around and got to see the lady close up - and more unusually, to realise that they actually put as much effort into the back as the front. God bless the french!

Oh, I also did a quick "Where's the leader" using my camera whilst I was there, if anyone's interested in using it for Hi-Team! .... I think it's funny anyway ;-)

Now I'm just doing a bit of shopping before the shops close, then will eventually pop up to central park and see that in the cool of the day - I'm sure I've missed a lot of the sights in this great city by sticking mostly to the tourist trail but it's been pretty enlightening.

Anyway, whilst my mobile can phone and SMS you guys back in the UK, I havn't actually managed to work out how to get it to call 'local' numbers round here. So I'm off now to find a payphone and call up the local bike shop and see if they'll let me on their ride tommorrow.

Hopefully there's also a chance of getting you guys some pictures tommorrow before I get on the I95 down to Philadelpha - anyway seeya.

richie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home