Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Take your time...


Sorry all, for the long time between updates about what I'm up to in life - truth is, whilst I've been very busy for the past few weeks I've not actually had much utterly fascinating stuff to blog about!

But anyway, what I'm currently up to can be split into several things that are now competing for my time:

1. Finishing the interminability long process of getting Wes's album mixed - this is a challenging effort as it involves first trying to get them back to the same standard as the ones Wes had sounding pretty good on his multitracker, and doing just that seems like very hard work, let alone tightening everything up for release...

2. Work, work, work at work. Big project on, and just little-ol me to get it done, and it's currently getting horribly complicated...

3. AV Crew at church, I'm handling the purchase of lots of new kit - as well as my normal efforts in trying to run a Sunday team and support the other guys - and that's also taking up a fair amount of time to try and ensure that we get the right bits of kit, and don't overspend in the process.

Last Saturday was a pretty good example, I set out for central London (after our church Men's meeting) with Katy (small, chinese, former housemate and my #2 on the 'A Team') in tow with the express purpose of deciding on what speakers we were going to get for the new PA, getting some decent headphones (as I needed mine back from the desk, in order to mix Wes's album!), finding a speaker for the foyer and sorting out which guitar FX unit I wanted to get...

From that list, I achieved the getting of a pair of headphones. And I also bought £300 worth of band-monitors from Virgin Megastore (ok, so the basement is actually a 'soundcontrol' shop, but it's still inside Virgin!) which wasn't really on the menu to start with... yeah... so still no closer to deciding on a system, especially when you mention your current plans to the guy in the shop and he gives you the old 'sucking air through my teeth' reaction! On the other-hand, maybe he just wanted a cut ;-)


And on top of all this, I'm also trying to get to bed earlier - and midnight is my 'OK Rich, sleepytime...' time now, or at least my 'OK Rich, turn off the computer' time. So for now - that is all!

1 Comments:

At 5:37 am, Blogger Jacki said...

Richie, you're trying to go to bed earlier... God must be speaking to you or something!!! Going to bed earlier will b great for you, I hope you manage to do it. Just remember every time you make that decision you're building your self-discipline and that's crucial for you walking in the fullness of God's plans for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home