Friday, January 05, 2007

An assorted miscellany of salmagundi

Thought I'd better post something to prove to the world at large, or my friends at small that I still exist, have fingers and havn't just decided that blogging is soooo 2006, like everyone else seems to have done (hint, hint, hint!! ;-)). However, I don't expect any kind of narrative cohesion between the various bits of this post, it's just things as they've come to mind!


Things I'm liking

  • Ektopia is a cool site, I first found it when looking for earplugs for the conference back in November. And although some of the posts are a bit 'hmmmm', they do seem to point to some really interesting stuff...

  • Prison Break - channel five has been re-running season 1. It's another one of those "guilty pleasure" type shows - like 24 or CSI - where you can look at the screen and point out all of the plot-holes, pveracting and mellodrama - but that doesn't stop it being pretty gripping TV! (oh, how much easier it was not to have a TV!!)

  • Now, Discover your strengths and Blue like Jazz - the two books we're reading in discipleship cell at present. The former is quite perscriptive, the latter quite narrative - both controversial (compared with the unspoken ways in which "life" gets practiced these days, both within the church and the secular worlds...) - and both worth a read.
    Also had a quick flip through The Five Love Languages whilst we were up at Wes & Fayes late last year. Definitely worth a read - if only because many people think it says "tick those boxes" - when actually it's far more deliciously complex than that!

  • Friends and family. Especially at Christmas, when you get to spend a bit of time with people you don't see often enough. Good also to get a mail from the indomitable samboid - if only mostly asking about whether I knew anyone wanting a job in programming some fancy embedded system type things... anyone?! I can heartily recommend his method making of cocoa!!

  • Having access to a camcorder again. At last I can actually deal with some of those MiniDV tapes I've had kicking around for ages! Might also do some work on 'Morris' at some point... yeah... as if!

  • The incomparable Anna. Nuff said really....



Things I'm not liking

  • MS DRM. It smells.

  • I'm tired. My brain is just rabbity mush at present, and it's my own fault. Oooo... boo hoo... bad llama.

  • Mozilla Firefox appears to have acquired a problem with Copy/Cut whereby it doesn't recognise the Ctrl-C or Ctrl-X as keyboard shortcuts. This annoys me....

  • The pawltry amount of time I get with incomparable Anna. Nuff said really....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home